BENEFITS OF POLYASPARTIC COATINGS
The two biggest advantages of a polyaspartic or polyurea garage floor coatings are temperature and time. Typical polyurea and polyaspartic floor coatings are applied in just two coats; the first being both the primer and color coat and the second being the clear coat. Because of their fast cure rates, a complete flooring system can be installed in one day and returned to service the next. This means that you won’t have to do without your garage for 3-4 days like you would for a full epoxy system.
– 100% U.V. stability – they will never yellow.
– Crystal clear finish that won’t blush from moisture in the concrete.
– Similar high abrasion and scratch resistance to polyurethane.
– High tolerance to heat, meaning hot tire pick up is a non-issue.
– High film build-up that can be controlled by the applicator.
– High gloss finish.
– High solids content with little to no VOC’s in most applications.
– High stain and chemical resistance. Including salts for winter climates.
– Good flexibility for higher impact resistance.
– Excellent wetting characteristics for strong bonding into concrete
– Decreased chance of bubbles from outgrossing due to faster cure rate